Wish I did look like this! Sigh.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Thing #15: Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the Future of Libraries

I just spent a luxurious week reading 3 novels and felt thoroughly entertained and psyched out! The television was forgotten, the house was quiet and peaceful. I ate when I was hungry, allowed only essential interruptions, and feasted on my fictional delights. The Internet was down at my house and I couldn't work on this until Comcast got to us. I feel like I finally got my vacation. The Thing 15 articles had me imagining libraries without walls, students accessing library content with laptops and cell phones. This seems to be the direction we are going, however, I treasure my week without Internet or television and fully intend to do it again -- my vacation with books.

No comments:

Post a Comment